Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sunflowers

Welcome to My Poetry and Painting Blog!

The current selected poem is by Frank Steele

Sunflowers

You’re expected to see   
only the top, where sky   
scrambles bloom, and not   
the spindly leg, hairy, fending off   
tall, green darkness beneath.   
Like every flower, she has a little   
theory, and what she thinks   
is up.   I imagine the long   
climb out of the dark   
beyond morning glories, day lilies, four o’clocks   
up there to the dream she keeps 
lifting, where it’s noon all day.

..................

One of the members of my book group, Margaret Pender, owns Victoria Park Florist. She hosted the last meeting and I admired the sunflowers she had in a glass vase. In her usual generous spirit she handed them to me as I left for home. I rearranged them a bit, placing them in one of my blue and white vases.




You may see more of my art and to follow other showings and events, visit:


I welcome you to sign up, below, for this occasional blog and share it with your friends who might be interested. AND I invite you to (continue) to send  favorite photos you have taken and writings (inspiring, thought provoking, or humorous) 
 to me at kmeredithart@gmail.com.  



1 comment:

  1. The result of a generous gift is this beautiful painting. Another many splendid thing by Karen. Thanks for sharing. This makes me happy just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments work better if you are using Chrome. If you are on Safari, you need to:

Go to your Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy -> uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking

Thanks so much for your support and your comment! Karen